Tuesday, September 15, 2009

'Song of The Week' new Matthew Ryan- "The Wilderness"

One of the real underlooked and underappreciated singer/songwriters over the past 10 years or so, Matthew Ryan, has a new album coming out next month. The forthcoming album, Dear Lover, which I believe is his 12th LP in 12 years, will be available on October 27th, 2009 (digitally via iTunes, Amazon, Emusic, Limewire,etc) and physically on 2/16/10. Ryan just put out a sneak peek at 'Dear Lover', releasing a homemade video (with lyrics) for the new track, "The Wilderness."
Here's some of what Matthew had to say about the new disc ... "I essentially made Dear Lover alone in my home studio. 90% of the music on this record was performed alone late at night onto my D16. This record is a bit like a mix between A Very Long Engagement, Cinema Paradiso and Raging Bull." ... "It just has something I don't think I've ever captured so purely before.
And really, that was my goal, to make the purest record I could... romantic and honest."

No comments: