One of the perks of doing the blog, is that you get sent a lot of free music, some known, and lot's unknown. So I decided to start up a new feature that would highlight some of the new music that I received each week, that may have peeked my interest in one way or another, but I didn't have time to spotlight each and every artist.
Here's some of what I thought might interest you guys this week .
- 11-piece Brooklyn outfit, creating beautiful orchestral-pop songs.
Emanuel and the Fear- "The Rain Becomes The Clouds"
- Their 2008 album Alopecia earned the band critical acclaim, now WHY? return with their fourth album, Eskimo Snow, out Sept. 22nd on Anticon.
Why- "This Blackest Purse"
- The title track off their forthcoming new album, a sweet piano ballad that was inspired by a show at Brooklyn's Galapagos.
The Avett Brothers- "I And Love And You"
- This band comes out of the Kent, OH, music scene band, their new disc, Thunder$troke, which comes out October 13th on Fat Possum.
Beaten Awake- "Coming Home"
-On their US debut called All For The Neighbourhood, this psychedelic folk-pop group evoke touches of Flaming Lips, and David Byrne.
Real One's- "Every Dog Has His Day"
- Hard Drugs is an alt-rock indie opera led by Jeffry Lee that includes members of Blood Meridian, Black Mountain, Lightning Dust, Pink Mountaintops, and Bonnie "Prince" Billy, among others.
Hard Drugs- "Bad ideas (Don't Give Up)"
- Up & coming singer/songwriter, from her upcoming 5 song self titled EP, due out Sept 29th.
Anna Rose- "Picture"
- Former Azure ray singer, Orenda Fink collaborated with Isaac Brock (Modest Mouse) on "High Ground", the first single from her upcoming October 6th release Ask The Night.
Orenda Fink- 'High Ground"