Monday, May 4, 2009

'Song of the Week': Eagle and Talon-"Hot Caught"

I just recently got turned onto the LA two piece Eagle and Talon, made up of Kim Talon (guitar/vocals) & Alice Talon (drums/casio). Never hearing the pair before I was unsure what to expect, as the only reference I had was hearing the Sleater-Kinney comparisons. The first couple of tracks I heard from the band were , "Hot Caught", "Ice Life" and "Coast That's Closest" and I was instantly sold, as the pair produce an addictive lo-fi punch of angular guitar work and manic drumming that results in some of the catchiest stuff I've heard this year. The duo have an EP from 2006 to their credit. but their debut full length, Thracian is out now digitally via iTunes, with a physical release date scheduled for June 23. The bands first single, "Ice Life" is also available now.


Eagle And Talon - Hot Caught - POTQ.cl

Upcoming live shows: (more to follow soon)
Jun 25 UNION POOL Brooklyn, New York
Jun 26 CHARM CITY ARTS SPACE Baltimore, Maryland
Jun 27 THE RED AND THE BLACK Washington, DC
Aug 21 ECHO CURIO Los Angeles, California

listen to Eagle and Talon on myspace

No comments: