Friday, June 26, 2009

Arcade Fire: new album coming sooner rather than later

In a recent interview with UK magazine NME, Arcade Fire's frontman, Win Butler talked about the probability that the band could be returning to the road, and also be coming out with a new album in the near future. Butler said that Arcade Fire have begun work on the follow up to 'Neon Bible' and stated ... "None of us want to take three years making a record," Butler explained. "It could be that we'll play live [soon] and maybe we'll end up bashing it [another album] out fast. We're in the middle of writing, things are coming together, it's a great feeling." He later added this about playing live ..."If you had asked me [about playing live] six months ago I'd be like 'No, I'm good'," he said. "But now I go to a gig and I get the little…I can imagine being on that stage. It's the step before you actually go and do it."
With the bands label, Merge Records' 20th Anniversary gig coming up soon in North Carolina July 22-26, speculation is abound about the band making an appearance.

watch clips from their recent Documentary Miroir Noir:

No comments: