Thursday, February 5, 2009

new music: My Jerusalem

I first became aware of singer-songwriter Jeff Klein back in '05 when I found out that his LP, The Hustler was being produced by one of my personal favorites, Greg Dulli (Twilight Singers, Afghan Whigs, Gutter Twins). Jeff went on to later back some of those Dulli fronted projects, such as the Twilight Singers on their recent tours. Klein is now branching out with a new project of his own, My Jerusalem. The group is headed by Klein, and is a collaboration of artists and close friends that he's worked with in the past, which includes, guitarist Dave Rosser (Twilight Singers), bassist Ashley Dzerigian (Great Northern), drummer Cully Symington (Bishop Allen, Gutter Twins), and multi-instrumentalist Rick Nelson (of The Polyphonic Spree and St. Vincent). The band will be releasing their debut EP, Without Feathers, this March 10th on 00:02:59 Records. You can preview the new track "Sweet Chariot" over on My Jerusalem's myspace page, as well as two other songs not listed on the EP.

Without Feathers Track List:
Sweet Chariot
Under Your Skin
Heroin(e)
Turtledove
Remember Everything



My Jerusalem on myspace
Jeff Klein on myspace

No comments: