Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sharon Van Etten preps New Album

This past Summer Sharon Van Etten announced her signing up with the good folks over at Jagjaguwar (Bon Iver, Okkervil River, Dinosaur Jr.). Now details have surfaced of her first album for the label, which will debut early next year on Feb. 7th. The new LP, Tramp follows up her 2010 album, 'epic', and features some guest performances by Jenn Wasner (Wye Oak),  Aaron Dessner (The National), Matt Barrick (Walkmen) &  Beirut’s Zach Condon.

Here's what Sharon had to say upon signing on with Jagjaguwar earlier this Summer ....."I am excited to announce that I have signed with Jagjaguwar!
For years now, I have admired their releases, their taste, their family, the unconditional love that Jagjaguwar has had for their bands. I have listened to some bands since I was a teenager, they have gotten me through my formative years. I have gotten to tour with a few of their bands, and they are some of the most genuine, open, giving, loving people I have come to find as my friends.  Now, to be a part of their family… I can hardly believe it. Thank you all for the love and support.  I can’t wait to share my new songs and adventures with you!  New album and tour to come early 2012.

  Love More by sharonvanetten 
  For You by sharonvanetten 

http://sharonvanetten.com/
Sharon on Facebook

No comments: