Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Wooden Sky: announce U.S. tour dates, new album drops today

I've been a big fan of the Toronto band, The Wooden Sky ever since I stumbled upon their debut disc, When Lost at Sea back in '07, and I've been singing their praises ever since. Their sophomore effort If I Don’t Come Home You’ll Know I’m Gone, comes out today, and I've tried describing it to people as a cross between The National's, Boxer and Whiskeytown's, Stangers Almanac, mixing an epic beauty and style with alt-country down home roots.
The band recently announced a round of tour dates in the U.S., which will be their first official shows in the States, playing with Elliott Brood (Six Shooter), starting in Seattle October 9th and finishing up at CMJ in NYC October 22nd.
The new album is available now in Canada, or you can order it now if you head over to their myspace.

THE WOODEN SKY U.S. tour dates:
10/09 - Seattle, WA @ Tractor
10/12 - San Francisco, CA @ Cafe Du Nord
10/13 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hotel Cafe
10/14 - Phoenix, AZ @ Rhythm Room
10/16 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
10/17 - Denton, TX @ Hailey's
10/20 - Chicago, IL @ Schubas
10/21 - Cleveland, OH @ Beachland
10/22 - New York, NY @ CMJ

Oh My God (It Still Means A Lot To Me) - The Wooden Sky

Something Hiding For Us In The Night. - The Wooden Sky

get familiar w/ The Wooden Sky on myspace.

No comments: