Tuesday, August 11, 2009

'Song of the Week': The Wooden Sky- "Something Hiding For Us in the Night"

Over the past several weeks I've been heaping praise on The Wooden Sky's forthcoming disc, If I Don't Come Home You'll Know I'm Gone to anyone willing to listen. I've been consumed by the album, the bands second overall, and believe it could be a true groundbreaking record for the Toronto band. The album reveals itself more and more with each listen, from beautiful background vocals, to subtle nuances in the arrangements, you can feel the band growing right before your ears.
One of the highlights on the album for me is the chill inducing track, "Something Hiding For us In The Night" which just builds and swells until it explodes in the final minute. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
If I Don't Come Home You'll Know I'm Gone comes out on August 25th via Black Box.


Something Hiding For Us In The Night. - The Wooden Sky

get familiar w/The Wooden Sky on myspace.

No comments: