Thursday, March 8, 2012

Song of the Week: JBM- "Only Now"

Sometimes I get in a rut where I don't feel like posting or writing, and I wonder to myself why I actually keep this blog thing going? Then a song will come along out of nowhere and get me excited and I remember why I truly enjoy doing this, and why I started it in the first place. That's what happened to me this week when I stumbled across the music of JBM (Jesse Marchant). An artist that I had never heard of before seeing that he was opening some shows for Damien Jurado this coming May, one of which I'll be happily attending on May 19th in NYC. I decided to check out some of his music and I had one of those moments where the song starts playing and you literally say to yourself out loud, WOW. His track, "Only Now" is an emotional piano driven killer, that comes of an upcoming album titled, Stray Ashes, which releases this May 22nd via Western Vinyl. It's JBM's second full length and it was written & recorded up in the Catskills with the help of John Congleton, McKenzie Smith (Midlake) and Macey Taylor (A.A. Bondy).
Can''t wait to hear more of this one, give it a listen below and head over to iTunes to purchase the first single "Only Now."

JBM- "Only Now" MP3

JBM Tour Dates
05.16 Chicago, IL @ Schubas Tavern w/ Damien Jurado
05.17 Pittsburgh, PA @ Andy Warhol Museum w/ Damien Jurado
05.18 Somerville, MA @ Radio w/ Damien Jurado
05.19 New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge w/ Damien Jurado
05.20 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda's w/ Damien Jurado
05.21 Washington, DC @ Black Cat w/ Damien Jurado
05.22 Raleigh, NC @ Kings Barcade w/ Damien Jurado
05.23 Atlanta, GA @ The Earl w/ Damien Jurado
05.25 Nashville, TN @ The Basement w/ Damien Jurado
05.26 Bloomington, IN @ The Russian w/ Damien Jurado

http://www.jbm-music.com/home.cfm

No comments: