Friday, March 16, 2012

New Video: Bryan John Appleby-"The Words of the Revelator"

Seattle musician Bryan John Appleby just put out a new video for the track, "The Words of the Revelator." The song comes off his fantastic 2011 album, Fire on the Vine which saw a release last Summer. For the video Appleby teamed up with the folks at Pull&Bear Heritage and filmmaker Christian Sorensen Hansen, shooting the video on the coast of Davenport, California.  

Pull&Bear Heritage presents "The words of the revelator" a song by Bryan John Appleby from Pull&Bear on Vimeo.
Bryan John Appleby-"The Words of the Revelator"
I have come into your house
You say there’s something I should know by now and I vow to hear you out
But as you speak, how I feel the sting
Like the hackles on a dog’s back I rise up to meet

The words you spoke in the middle of the night
They fall heavy like a hammer on my mind
You are the light in the darkness, you’re the fire on the vine

Oh my son, I have known your ways
But I’m the gale that’ll rattle your gate; you shudder, I make you shake
You will find what you did not seek
A road less narrow, a way not steep

Oh my child
Don’t you lose your place
Remember my table
Remember my face

And the things I told you in the middle of the night
They fall heavy like a hammer on your mind
I am the light in the darkness, I’m the fire on the vine

You turn away
I’m left alone
Then came a sign
Then came the Revelation

And I said,
You, you will not dig a hole in me
You will not chop down my tree
Or hold me under the water

No and you, you will not dig a hole in me
You will not chop down my tree
Or hold me under the water

http://bryanjohnappleby.bandcamp.com/
http://www.facebook.com/bryanjohnappleby

No comments: