Friday, May 30, 2008

Jem- album in the Fall


It's been nearly 4 years since we last heard from the Welsh born singer Jem. Having last put out an album back in '04 with her electronic, sample and beat driven Finally Woken . Jem is back with a new song that is featured on the Sex and the City Soundtrack called "It's Amazing", which is from her new album, Down To Earth, which should be coming this Fall.
Jem describes the new album and explains her long abscence on her webite ..."With a sprinkle of hip hop, a sprinkle of funk, a sprinkle of rock, an extra juicy helping of dance floor magic, and this time around some Cuban salsa and Japanese vibes mixed in for good measure" ... "I won't say any more as I want it to be a delicious surprise for you all...". On her abscence ... "In case you've been curious, there have been a few hold-ups over the last year which I can happily say are all sorted now. My label decided to buy all their artists back from SonyBmg last year, so I was 'frozen' for quite a while, this included my website etc. Things are now full steam ahead and I've become label mates with the extraordinarily talented Radiohead, so no complaints here!"

Listen to Jem on Myspace.

No comments: