Friday, February 17, 2012

The Lumineers - Announce plans for Debut LP

There's seems to be an explosion of great acoustic, roots based artists breaking out lately. From groups like Mumford & Sons to The Head & the Heart, the genre has been getting a boost in the public eye. The latest band I think is destined for big things is the Denver based trio, The Lumineers. The band just recently announced plans for their forthcoming debut album. The self titled disc comes out April 3rd via Dualtone Records, and is led by the foot stomping, sing-along first single, "Ho Hey." The track is available for purchase now via iTunes, and if your looking for more music from the group you can head on over to the folks at Paste, where you can download their four-song, Tracks From The Attic EP for free.
Before the debut hits stores the band will be licking off an extensive tour across the States, starting on
March 21 in San Diego, with a stop in NYC at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn on April 21. Chech out their website for all the tour dates & other info HERE.


The Lumineers- "Ho Hey"
(Ho!) I've been trying to do it right
(Hey!) I've been living a lonely life
(Ho!) I've been sleeping here instead
(Hey!)I've been sleeping in my bed,
(Ho!) I've been sleeping in my bed (Hey!)

(Ho!)

[Verse 2]
(Ho!) So show me family
(Hey!) All the blood that I would bleed
(Ho!) I don't know where I belong
(Hey!) I don't know where I went wrong
(Ho!) But I can write a song (Hey!)

[Chorus]
1,2,3 I belong with you, you belong with me in my sweet heart
I belong with you, you belong with me in my sweet (Ho!)

(hey!)
(ho!)
(hey!)

[Verse 3]
(ho!) I don't think you're right for him
(hey!) think of what it might have been
(ho!) If we took the bus to china town
(hey!) I've been standing often now
(ho!) The Bowery (hey!)
(ho!) She'd be standing next to me (hey!)

[Chorus]
1,2,3 I belong with you you belong with me in my sweet heart
I belong with you, you belong with me in my sweet heart

[Bridge]
The love we need is now
Its hope for some
Cause, we're bleedin out

[Chorus]
I belong with you you belong with me in my sweet heart
I belong with you you belong with me in my sweet (Ho!)

(Hey!)
(Ho!)
(Hey!)


thelumineers.com/

No comments: