Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ivana XL: Old songs, 'Old Swans'

Brooklyn singer-songwriter Ivan XL is out with a new 12 song LP of demos and unreleased songs from 2004-2006. The personal tunes according to Ivana were written at the height of her sadness about a broken relationship (actually the guy you see on the cover). Here's what she had to say about the new work ..."Why would you release a bunch of demos, Ivana? Doesn't a demo= an unfinished song, or note?" You might ask. And I would answer: Because. To me, they are the most honest version, and therefor, the BEST version. ..."I thought that I was going to die! But now, I know that I'm not going to die, and everything is happy. It is nice to have that part of my life documented."

You can check out our 'Field Recordings' session we shot with Ivana over the summer in Greenpoint, Brooklyn below.



Ivana XL on myspace.

No comments: