Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rachael Yamagata- new label... up next new album

After nearly four years since her last work and apparently lot's of label troubles, Rachael Yamagata say's that she is very close to having a new album out in the fall. The new album will be the follow up to 2004's Happenstance, and was supposed to be released nearly a year ago, but has since gone quiet with legal tangling going on behind the scenes.

Rachael explains on a new blog post on her Myspace ..."I’ve just signed with Warner Bros Records and we are working overtime to get all ducks in a row for an early October release! Thank you for hanging with me all this time – it’s been a long road of red tape trails, but I’m very excited about the new team of peeps and I can finally say that we are on our way!"

She goes on to say ...."I am pleased to announce as well a little something available for your listening pleasure – an ep. The L Word was kind enough to premiere one of the songs a few weeks back (The Other Side). We heard you were looking, and lord knows you’ve been waiting for a record, so while I work on getting that out, I’ve put three songs up to tide you over."

The three song EP is available for purchase on her website.

No comments: