Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Song of the Week: Of Monsters and Men- "Six Weeks"

This Iceland folk-pop sextet, Of Monsters and Men first started generating some real buzz with their appearance at the Iceland Airwaves this past October. Since then I've seen the band being tabbed as a band to watch in 2012 on more than a few sites, but so far their debut album My Head is an Animal has only seen a release in their native Iceland. With news of an impending  US release coming soon the group recently put out a new EP, Into the Woods to hold over anxious fans. The EP features several of the tracks that appear on the LP, including one of my personal favorites, the rousing "Six Weeks." When the guitars kick in around the :50 second mark the song just takes off. Can't wait to see what 2012 has to offer from these guys.



Of Monsters & Men- "Six Weeks"
Slow, slow me down,
her blood, on my bones.
Let go, lay to rest.

We fall, we fall, we fall,
we fall to the ground.

Sleep, sleep all night
while the young, they wait alone.
Get up, shake the rust.
We crawl, we crawl, we crawl,
we crawl on the ground.
  
Alone, I fight these animals.
Alone, until I get home.

A wolf, wolf and I,
we share the same cold meal.
I float on, float on down .
We ride, we ride, we ride
we ride it all out.

Coming back, I’m coming back.
She follows me into the woods,
takes me home.
http://ofmonstersandmen.is/
http://ofmonstersandmenmusic.tumblr.com/

Like BurntheBowery on Facebook

1 comment:

chief gabril said...

A good love song involves meaningful lyrics, quality craftsmanship and the ability to provoke emotional responses. For every decent love songs, there are many people trying to become big sellers this year's wedding song lyrics to rely on the weak and stereotyped.

man and van London