Thursday, February 14, 2013

SXSW 'Future of Music Showcase' (RSVP)

So having just moved to Austin, this will be my first year in town for SXSW.  With so many events and happenings and different ways to experience it all,  it's been hard to get a grip on what's best for a newbie like me to make the most of it. With moving costs taking a toll on my wallet this year it looks like I'll be trying to hit a lot of free shows this first time around. This 'Future of Music Showcase' came across my inbox yesterday and I wanted to share it with anyone that's in the same boat as myself.  It really peaked my interest being that it included the super talented Shakey Graves, who I've been dying to check out live.

Here's a bit more via the press release ..."Featuring 25+ bands playing from noon-2am each day, this year’s lineup highlights rising Texas stars like Shakey Graves and The Tontons with a selectively curated mix of acts ranging from Chicago hip-hop to Danish psychedelic folk. It will also feature a special performance from the legendary BP Fallon and the Bandits (Third Man Records), featuring Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Clem Burke and Nigel Harrison (Blondie) as well as Hector Muñoz (Alejandro Escovedo). More headliners will be announced in the coming weeks."

To RSVP to the event go here: http://do512.com/futureofmusicshowcase

No comments: