Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Song of the Week: Douglas Firs- "Pretty Legs and Things To Do"

I recently had the chance to go back and visit Belgium, a place where I briefly lived from 2007 to 2009. I discovered a lot of excellent artists during that period and I've tried to stay in touch with the musical scene there since. On this most recent trip I go turned onto the tunes of Douglas Firs, which is the work of Gertjan Van Hellemont. Funny enough I found out that Van Hellemont apparently used to be the guitar player for fellow Belgian, The Bony King of Nowhere an old favorite here on the blog. In any event this past fall Gertjan under the moniker Douglas Firs released his very own debut LP called Shimmer & Glow which features this standout track "Pretty Legs and Things to Do."
Here's a video for the song that was filmed live at the top floor of the 'Boekentoren' in the city of Ghent.
I especially love around  the 1:25 mark when the tuba and the full chorus of backing vocals kick in, watch and get familiar below. 

http://douglasfirs.be/

No comments: