Friday, October 28, 2011

The National Cover The Philistine’s Jr.- "Twenty Miles to NH pt2"

Producer Peter Katis has been at the helm for some of my favorite albums over the last several years. Producing artists like, The National, Frightened Rabbit, Fanfarlo, Jonsi and We Were Promised Jetpacks, to name a few.  Katis who actually has a band of his own called, The Philistine’s Jr. is now seeing some of the artists he's worked with returning the favor, by covering songs from his bands 2010 album If a Band Plays In the Woods…
The National tackled the song “Twenty Miles to NH Part 2,” and although I can't say I'm familiar with the original, I love The Nationals spin on the track. What's great about it to me is it sounds like nothing The National has done before, and might I say even has a slight Pop feel to it. Give a listen below.

The National - Twenty Miles To NH Part 2  [The Philistines Jr. Cover] by acid stag

follow the National here.
more on Philistines Jr. here.

No comments: