Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Youth Lagoon- stream debut album now


There's been a lot of buzz following 22 year old Trevor Powers out of  Boise, Idaho. Powers who  records at home in his bedroom under the moniker Youth Lagoon, is about to release his debut LP, 'The Year Of Hibernation' which is set for release this Sept. 27 on Fat Possum (and on Lefse in Europe).
Speaking about the project and the new LP Powers has this to say ...."Youth Lagoon isn't me. It's merely a part of me. I was in and out of different bands in high school and always tried to define myself by what music I played. I tried to find a sense of meaning by being in a band. But it wasn't until this last year - when I realized I was more than just music - that I was able to create music that means something to me. And that is Youth Lagoon." On the vibe of the new album Powers explains ... "For my whole life I've dealt with extreme anxiety. Not anxiety about passing a test or somewhat normal things, but weird.. bizarre things. Things that only I know. I sometimes feel like I'm literally being eaten up inside. So I started writing these songs. Not just songs about my anxiety, but about my past and my present. Songs about memories, and all those feelings that those bring. I know that if I can be honest about what is inside my mind, there will be others that will be able to relate to it."

See if you can relate, stream Youth Lagoon- 'The Year of Hibernation' over on Spin.com (http://www.spin.com/articles/album-premiere-youth-lagoons-breakout-pop) now.

Youth Lagoon - Montana from Tyler T Williams on Vimeo.


YOUTH LAGOON on tour:
09/20 Ames, IA The Maintenance Shop *
09/21 Kansas City, MO Record Bar *
09/22 Urbana, IL Pygmalion Festival
09/23 Bloomington, IN The Bishop
9/24 Cincinnati, OH Midpoint Music Festival
09/25 Cleveland, OH Beachland Tavern *
09/27 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade *
09/28 Charlotte, NC Snug Harbor *
09/29 Washington, DC DC9 *
09/30 Brooklyn, NY Glasslands *#
10/03 Boston, MA Great Scott *
10/04 Philadelphia, PA Kung Fu Necktie *
10/06 Grand Rapids, MI Calvin College *
10/07 Chicago, IL Empty Bottle *
10/08 Minneapolis, MN 7th St. Entry *
* = w/ Gardens & Villa # = w/ Gem Club

http://www.facebook.com/youthlagoon

No comments: