Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Song of the Week: Torres- "Honey"

Because I attended my first SXSW several weeks ago and because I'm a bit of a music geek, I've been reading a lot of post-SXSW coverage. Inevitably there's always picks of the 'big winners' & 'bands to watch' that come out of the week of mayhem & musical overload. One name that keeps reappearing though is the name Torres, which is the project of Nashville singer Mackenzie Scott. She released her self-titled debut LP last month and upon my first few spins I can most definitely see what all the fuss was about. There's been quite a few Sharon Van Etten & PJ Harvey references which I can see a little of, but I think you just need to give her a listen and hear for yourself either way.
A good start is the intense slow building track, "Honey"which you can stream below.



http://torrestorrestorres.com/

No comments: